SX-Virtual USB SDK for Linux
USB over IP Software Developer's Kit for Embedded Devices (Server Firmware)
The SX Virtual USB SDK for Linux allows manufacturers to implement Silex “Virtual Link” functionality into any embedded network device which has a USB Host port.
- The Silex USB/IP Firmware SDK includes Source Code, Linux Demonstration Code (with Linux Kernel 2.6.15 - 2.6.19), API Documentation
- The SDK is uses only 50KB of ROM and can can be used with any version of Linux compiler.
- SDK code included is currently optimized for Linux 220.127.116.11 and can be implemented on Linux 2.6.x platforms.
- We offer the Network Security Suite to provide comprehensive security with 802.1x/EAP authentication and WPA/WPA2 encryption.
The SDK allows any type of USB device to connect with full compatibility. It is suited for Wireless LAN Routers and other network devices with USB host ports to add the capability of connecting USB multifunction printers, USB storage, and other USB devices to the network. It is based on proven and mature technology as demonstrated in Silex products for almost 4 years. Since the USB products work across the network the same way as when connected directly via USB, the device manufacturer will be able to offer their customers a very easy to use solution, with very low support costs.
Features and Benefits:
The Silex USB/IP Firmware SDK includes:
- Source Code
- Linux Demonstration Code (with Linux Kernel 2.6.15 - 2.6.19)
- API Documentation
The code with the SDK is uses only 50KB of ROM and can can be used with any version of Linux compiler.
The SDK code included is currently optimized for Linux 18.104.22.168 and can be implemented in as little as 1 week on Linux 2.6.x platforms.
The Silex Advantage With more than 30 years experience in embedded system design, Silex Technology, Inc. offers the industry’s most extensive range of hardware and software solutions for enabling wired and wireless network connectivity on embedded devices. Whether you require fast time-to-market, lowest cost, or maximum functionality, we can meet your needs. Silex network connectivity solutions include:
- External hardware. If you need an immediate solution for enabling wired or wireless network connectivity on your existing devices, we offer a complete range of external device servers. Just plug one of these compact boxes into your device’s serial or USB port, and it’s ready to com- municate on an Ethernet network or an 802.11a/b/g wireless network with no special software required. If your device already has Ethernet capabilities, you can simply plug in our SX-600 wireless bridge to enable transparent 802.11a/b/g wireless capabilities.
- Embedded hardware. When you’re ready to redesign your products to provide a more elegant and cost-effect design, you can incorporate our SX-550 Ethernet and 802.11a/b/g module inside your product to provide wireless and wired networking capabilities. The SX-550 has its own dedicated processor and memory that offloads all of the protocol handling for improved performance and faster development times. Or if you prefer to do the protocol handling in your own processor, we offer our SX-10 family of radio modules to provide 802.11a/b/g wireless capa- bilities without the need for extensive in-house wireless design expertise.
- Embedded software. For the lowest cost solution, our SX-TCP IPv6 software stack enables full networking capabilities using your existing device’s processor and operating system. We also offer the Network Security Suite (NSS) software to provide comprehensive security with 802.1x/EAP authentication and WPA/WPA2 encryption. Because of the high degree of compatibility among all of these solutions, your engineering requirements and development times are minimized, and your end-users don’t have to learn new procedures when you intro- duce new products.
- Porting and support services. Prospective OEMs can choose to do their own porting of SX-TCP or contract the silex engineering team to do the same. Either way, the silex technical support team will ensure a trouble free integration of SX-TCP with your product.
Included in the SDK is the following:
- Source code
- Kernel module
- Sample daemon program
- SXUPTP API
- SXUPTP protocol specification (data transport protocol)
- JCP protocol specification (Control/Config protocol (procedure and data format))
- JCP will be limited to the command subset which is necessary for USB device server operation only.
- Isochronous data transfer (webcams, audio devices) is not supported at this time. Silex can Investigate adding isochronous USB data transfer support upon customer request.
Please contact Silex Sales at email@example.com to get more information on the product and how to obtain the SX-Virtual Link SDK.