SX-SDPAN System-in-Package (SiP)
802.11a/b/g/n plus Bluetooth SDIO System-in-Package (SiP)
The SX-SDPAN is an 802.11a/b/g/n plus Bluetooth 4.0 radio/baseband SDIO System-in-Package (SiP) designed specifically for low power embedded applications.
- Dual band 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN plus advanced BT4.0 combo solution optimized highly integrated electronics devices.
- Supports Bluetooth 3.0 + HS and Bluetooth 4.0 standards enabling seamless integration of BT/ WLAN.
- Incorporates Qualcomm Atheros’ proprietary SoftAP for mobile devices, and DirectConnect™ Peer-to-Peer connectivity
- Ultra low power consumption radio architecture and proprietary power save technologies extend battery life.
- Smallest footprint for space constrained devices
The Silex SX-SDPAN (Qualcomm Atheros AR6233) is a third generation Wireless LAN solution, featuring dual-band 802.11n plus Bluetooth. Based on the game-changing AR6003 Wireless LAN chip, the SX-SDPAN brings 802.11n throughput, range and power efficiency to portable devices including patient monitors, printers, handheld terminals and more.
The device integrates all WLAN and BT functionality in a single package to support a low cost, layout-friendly implementation while allowing flexibility for platform specific customization.
Features and Benefits:
- Single-stream 802.11n for faster downloads, longer range, and lower power consumption
- Bluetooth 3.0+HS and 4.0 Low Energy
- High level of RF integration enables direct antenna connection through separate 2.4 GHz WLAN and Bluetooth antenna ports
- Flexible dual-band solution with 5 GHz front end module (FEM); shared and dual antenna configurations supported
- Highest level of on-chip integration using CMOS technology
- Patented Qualcomm Atheros E‑client Power Amplifier (EPA™) for high transmitter output power
- Integrated power management unit
- Qualcomm Atheros Universal Wireless Cooperation for enhanced Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Coexistence
- Support for industry standard QoS schemes (802.11e, WMM, WMM-PS)
- Hardware accelerated security, including WAPI (China)
Product Name: SX-SDPAN
Chipset: Qualcomm Atheros AR6233
Operating Voltage: VDD 3.3V, AVDD 1.8V
Radio Specifications: 802.11b/g/n 2.412 - 2.484 GHz, 802.11a/n 5.18 - 5.825 GHz
Dimensions: 8.4 x 8.4 x 1.1 mm
Storage Temperature: -45 to +135 degrees C°
Operating Temperature: -20 to +85 degrees C°